This Privacy and Security Policy (“Policy”) outlines how the Jamaica Stock Exchange Limited and its subsidiaries (“JSE Group”) (herein referred to as “we”, “us” and “our”) collects, holds, discloses, uses, and protects users’ (herein referred to as “you”, “your” and “the user”) privacy and information when the JSE Website (“Site”) is accessed or used. This Policy is aimed at complying with applicable privacy and data protection laws. Please read this policy before using the Site.
We reserve the right to update this Policy periodically and without notice. Changes made to this Policy will be effective immediately, unless indicated otherwise. Your use of the Site indicates acceptance of all updates to the Site.
- We may collect and use personal information from you when you use our Platform, and when you make enquiries and respond to communications from us.
- The type of information that we may collect includes but may not limited to your name and email address.
- you automatically as you use our Site. This includes but is not limited to, the dates and times of your access and use of the Site, your internet protocol (“IP”) address, browser type and use of any hyperlinks, external links or content available on the Site; and
- any user activity on the Site.
Your information shall be used for the following purposes:
- To communicate with you if applicable, and provide you with notifications;
- To comply with applicable legislation, regulations and any legal and regulatory requirements;
- To identify you and facilitate your transactions (where applicable);
- For marketing purposes. We will not share your information with third parties for their marketing purposes; and
- To assist with the Site development, analysis, assessing patterns of use and for providing user assistance.
- We may be required to share your personal information with selected third parties (who the JSE Group in its sole discretion selects) for the provision of services to you. You acknowledge and agree to the collection, transfer, storage, and processing of your personal information by these selected third parties for the purpose for which the information was collected. Such third parties are given only information required to perform their duties and are not authorized to use them for their own marketing purposes or otherwise. Such third parties are parties to confidentiality agreements with the JSE Group containing such terms.
- The Site may contain external links to third party sites. We do not have any control or responsibility over third party sites, and we make no endorsements or provide any guarantees or warranties in relation to third party sites. You access and use third party sites at your own risk.
- We may be required to disclose information about you to legal and regulatory authorities if requested to do so by any legally valid order or request;
- Your personal information may be transferred to assignees or successors (resulting from a merger, sale, corporate reorganization, or such other change as may occur in the business structure of the JSE Group).
8.1 You should be aware that internet use and communications via the internet are not entirely secure and can result in unauthorized access to your information. Despite, the online security procedures which we have implemented we cannot guarantee that your information will be secure, and we cannot take responsibility for any unauthorized access to or loss of personal information.
8.2 The JSE Group does not accept responsibility for any damage, loss or expense arising from use of the internet, email services or electronic forms of communication.
- Do not click on or respond to a link in an email requesting personal information. The JSE Group will never ask you for your password, answers to your questions or your username;
- Use safe online security precautions such as anti-spyware, anti-spam and other security measures;
- Do not leave your computer or electronic device unattended while using the Site;
- Do not use public computers to use the Site;
You may contact us by clicking on the Contact Us tab located on the Homepage of the Site.
Last Update: January 21, 2021