Frequently Asked Questions

How do I change my address on my account at the JCSD?

In order to change your address complete a JCSD Investor Form  with your updated address. The form can also be emailed to you, if you contact the Depository Services Unit at the JCSD at 876-967-3271,. Persons can also visit our Offices and collect the Form.

How do I have my dividends sent to my bank account?

  • Download the JSCD Investor Form.
  • Complete the form with your banking information.
  • The account will be updated with a mandate instruction to transfer dividend payments to the bank account submitted.

Who do I contact if I have not received my dividend?​

  • Contact the Registrar of the company in which you have shares.
  • If you do not know your Registrar, you may contact Depository Services Unit of the JCSD at 876-967-3271. The Registrar information will be given to you based on shares owned.

How do I view my portfolio online?

  • Visit the My JSE Portal. If you do not have an account, register for a free account.
  • Complete the Registration Form, if not already registered.
  • Await Registration confirmation – this will be sent to the email address you entered (follow the instructions therein).
  • Once you are registered, log in to the “My JSE” Portal with the username and password created, then select account statement.
  • Link your JCSD account/s to your online account by selecting “Link account” tab then enter the account name, number and broker code.
  • Generate Statement by selecting the account, entering the start and end date then generate.
  • A message will appear at the bottom of the screen advising that the statement has been generated.

How do I contact JSE helpdesk by email?

To contact the help desk at the JSE, please send an email to: or

Who do I contact if I have a concern about trading activity on a particular stock?

These concerns can be channeled to Market Operations and Trading Department  by calling the JSE Offices at 876- 967-3271 or emailing the department at

How do I observe live trading?

In order to observe live trading, persons can sign up to the various packages that JSE offers as follows:

  • Remote Observer, which allows users to view trading online real time daily.

You may contact the JSE Marketing team at to subscribe.

How do I open a JTraderpro account?

  • Create a free online JTraderpro Profile.
  • Add your JCSD account number and submit to a participating Broker for approval.
  • If client does not have a JCSD account number, submit a request to one of the participating Brokers listed on the platform.
  • On receiving the JCSD account number, add it to your JTraderpro profile.
  • With JCSD account number added, the Broker will match the information in the JTraderpro system to the information at the Broker office and grant approval of the account.
  • The Client must then make a ‘Funds In’ request and add funds to the account with the Broker.
  • Once approval is granted, the Client can start buying and selling shares online.
  • If there is no Funds In request to add funds to the account, a client can sell shares providing they already own shares.

Can I get training on how to use the JTraderpro platform?

You can find out more about training here.

Who do I contact if I have an issue with the JTraderpro platform?

If you experience any issues using the platform, you may email J-Trader Support at:

How do I participate in the Stock Market Game?

At present the JSE has three stock market games:

  • High School Stock Market Game
  • Junior Achievement Stock Market Game
  • Public Stock Market Game

High School Stock Market Game

Individuals must be registered with a high school. A teacher from the high school will submit the names of the six (6) students who will represent the school. Students will register under Stock Market Game on JSE website.

The rules and regulations are shared with students, as well as an instructional video, which provide an understanding of how to play and set up their individual accounts. Students’ accounts will be approved by the JSE, following which students will be able to start playing the game.

Junior Achievement Game

The  Junior Market Achievement Game is a partnership with Junior Achievement of Jamaica (JACE).

Schools that are part of the JACE program in schools can enter. Junior Achievement will submit the name of the students and companies they have formed as a group. The game is not an individual game, but is a game that is played in the companies’ names that the students set up. A student company will register under Junior Achievement Stock Game on the JSE website.

The rules and regulations are shared with students, as well as an instructional video, which provides an understanding of how to play and set up their accounts. Students Accounts will be approved by the JSE, following which students will be able to start playing the game.

Public Game

To participate in the Public Game, persons are required to sign up online under Stock Market Game. There is no age limit, as both students and adults can sign up for the game.

The rules and regulations can be viewed with an instructional video, which will provide participants with an understanding of how to play and set up their individual accounts. Accounts do not need to be approved by the JSE before persons can start playing the game.

Who do I contact if I have a broker complaint?

The Regulatory and Market Oversight Division (RMOD) is the department to be contacted with regards to complaints about Stockbrokers. The department can be contacted by telephone at 876-967-3271 or by email at

How do I become an Approved JSE Mentor?

A person who wants to become a mentor must apply to the JSE in accordance with Junior Market Rule 503.

  • The mentor must act honestly, in good faith and in the best interest of the eligible Junior Market company, its participating voting shareholders and any holders of the company as a whole.
  • Act with due skill and care;
  • Be responsible for advising the Board of the eligible company or Junior Market company (as the case may be) on the establishment of adequate procedures, systems and controls for the purposes of its compliance with good standards of corporate governance, including but not limited to: (a) good fiscal discipline, and Rule 505(10) on financial reporting; (b) the making of public announcements, and Rule 505(11) on timely disclosure; and (c) the Junior Market Rules generally;
  • At the request of the JSE, provide evidence of his capacity to act as mentor to the particular eligible company or Junior Market Company (as the case may be);
  • Respond promptly to any enquiries that the JSE may reasonably make for the purposes of verifying compliance by the eligible company or Junior Market Company (as the case may be) with the Junior Market Rules;
  • Deal at all times with the JSE in an open and co-operative way, and for this purpose, the mentor shall disclose to the JSE in a timely manner any material information relating to it, or to the eligible company or the Junior Market Company (as the case may be), concerning noncompliance with the Junior Market Rules; and
  • Not delegate the performance of the functions and responsibilities set out in this Rule 503 without the prior consent of the JSE in writing.

Ongoing Mentor Requirements